Digging a Hole

Thursday, February 03, 2005

White Environmental Activism

Werd,
So, I heard on the grapevine (or Ben) that *some* people read my blog and then spend 3am conversations pondering my hypocrasies. This seems a tad unfair since I can't be there to offer rebuttals or humorous anecdotes. Because I am sleeping... Because I have to go to work the next day...
Anyhoo, when I have more time, I'll post a more extended treatise (woot!), but in the meantime, let me just begin by noting that the NJ Environmental Federation works on EJ issues, statewide water quality issues, school safety issues, etc. We aren't like picketing Whole Foods to sell more vegan organic wheat waffles or something. (Ew!)
In other "Kerry is a hypocrite" news, yeah, I sure as fuck did volunteer for Nader in Delaware in 2000. I was 17. I was inspired. It dragged me into everything I've ever cared about since. Does that mean I'm not allowed to make one-liners about him 4 years later? Bejeebus....
Maybe there aren't enough chalk-erasing, meat-eating, anti-Palestinian, controversial speakers on campus right now to take attention away from my apparent post-Wes failings....

1 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we can only do our best. and if a desire to take care of everything in the world and every care there is -- if that undermines or halts what good we are already doing, then it isn't serving anyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home