Digging a Hole

Friday, January 22, 2010

No, for Real

Oh, werd?
Outside of my front door, right now, is the cast of The Jersey Shore. Not impersonators. The real deals. It has caused quite a 'situation' (haha) on Bloomfield Avenue. It appears that every short-skirted, high-heeled, hair-sprayed, patterned T-shirt wearing person within a 20-mile radius is lined up outside of my apartment. I am slightly tempted to get a camera and a notebook and do some interviews. Alternatively, I could go outside with a thermos of tea and some hoodies. Those girls must be cold.
Eric and I were clearly not part of the invading army as we were wearing coats, so Eric stopped to offer his sympathy to the beleaguered Montclair PD while we were walking home from work.
Eric: Wow. Sorry guys. Good luck with this.
MPD: Seriously... you want to stay and help us? I'm not even kidding.

So, yeah. Another day in the surreal world of actual Jersey. I don't know why the crowd was so desperate to meet the cast. They are all from Staten Island anyhoo. The crowd could have just looked at and listened to each other. It would be equally entertaining.

Actual overheard conversation:
ShoreGirl: (while running in heels wearing no clothes) Oh my gawd, are we there yet? I'm fuckin freezing.
ShoreGuy: No. Like, one more block. I swear. Stop whining.
ShoreGirl: You said that two blocks ago you asshole. Omigawd! A limo! Snooki!!

I have been able to work the Jersey Shore into my organizing rap, though. =D
KPd.: Yeah, with your help last year, we were able to pass legislation to help clean up the Jersey Shore.
SuburbanMom: :::raised eyebrows::: Really?
KPd.: The location, not the television show.
SuburbanMom: Ohhhhh. Okay. I was gonna say - No amount of donations could clean that show up. They're not even from New Jersey!
SuburbanTeen: Yeah. Omigawd. We SO aren't like that here. For real.

Real people at the Jersey Shore looking fabulous while wearing clothes.

2 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Are there more pictures where that one came from? I don't think I saw any from this year's trip (and by this year, I mean 2009)

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger KPd. said...

Yeah, there are. I do not have too too many though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home