Digging a Hole

Thursday, October 28, 2004

"We're Built for This Shit." Part 1.

Oh werd! The Red Sox Won!!!!!
But that's not what this post is about.
This is about KENTUCKY 04! Werd!!!
The trip out:
So, the night before, me and others went to a bar to watch the Red Sox/Yankees game 7, so we were all kinda sleepy when we reconvened at 11am the next morning for the trip to PA. We were stopping to canvass in the boondocks on the way to KY. The Allentown Clean Water office gave us some new forms, and we all practiced our Pennsylvania raps. ("Hi, my name is Kerry from Pennsylvania Clean Water Action. ...Yeah, we're from Allentown!")
Suffice it to say, canvassing in PA did not go well. Aparently, this is an area of turf that the Allentown office does not hit very frequently. People were friendly, but very skeptical. By the end of the night, we were all soaked, and only half the crew had made standard. But then it was back in the van, wet clothes changed in the back seat, money counted, all en route to KY.
More of the trip out:
So, we began our trek at around 10pm in PA. Armed with potato chips and caffenated beverages, we drove through the night. We ran over several dead deer in Maryland, caused a ruckus at a gas station in West Virginia, and almost died in Tennessee when David started getting sleepy at the wheel. Probably his choice of music (2 cds worth of Bright Eyes and the first Shins album) didn't help. It was at this point, while everyone else was sleeping, that we decided David shouldn't drive anymore. It was time for me to drive the 12 person big arse fooking van for the first time...... on no sleep.... as the sun was rising on Friday. I went to grab a coffee and wandered over to the driver's seat. As I backed up, Chris kinda opened one eye. "Holy fuck! Kerry's driving?! Move over David!" Chris shoved David out of the navi-guesser's seat and began helping me back onto the highway. ("That's a RED light!")
To be continued...


4 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger Ben said...

I'm hooked.
-b

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger KPd. said...

You provide me with inspiration Ben.
If I was sober, I would post KY part 2. =D

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Ben said...

well well well, aren't *you* so cool, getting drunk with the work friends on a weeknight..

*joking*.

:)

-b

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger KPd. said...

Yeah, I would post part 2 *tonight*, but not only am I not sober this time (yes, it is 5am), but I am fucking devastated by the fact that the smartest, most together and least together person I have ever known is moving to Texas. Fuck him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home