Digging a Hole

Friday, October 01, 2004

This Just In! First Real World Paycheck!!!

Oh werd!!!
I got paid today!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!
It's so exciting. All sorts of stuff gets taken out of a Real World paycheck and in amounts that like, actually matter. Currently, I work 1-10pm three days a week, but I am pretty sure I am gonna up it to 4 or 5 days a week starting next week.
Canvassing is hard as hell, but the cast of characters is pretty hilarious in our office, so I am never not entertained. People argue over whether or not Joy Division matters, swap political this and that, and generally goof off. But everyone gets their game faces on when we hit the streets and really kick arse. It's cool. I'm like, how are these people convincing strangers to give them money? But they are somehow.
It's also weird cause everyone is like 23, 24, 28... and I'm like, a freshman in life. Hanging out in the Real World is expensive. We go to bars and drink our paychecks, go bowling, sing kareoke... weird shit man. I don't get drunk in the Real World because it costs too much, and I have to drive home. WTF? (I got a bus schedule to take care of at least part of that problem.) Being responsible sucks.
So, that is my communique from Real World land (and not the Real World where the one gay guy and the one black girl teach 5 white kids about diversity in Philadephia). Pretty interesting place...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home