Digging a Hole

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

3 Reasons to Take the Canvassing Job *AND/OR* I Whore Myself for Green Day Tickets

1) Green Day's new album comes out in days... and then they tour the NJ on my bday
2) R.E.M.'s new album comes out Oct 4th... and i owe my mom money for the tickets
3) U2's new album comes out November 22nd... and the tour? maybe i can mortgage my soul...
And for those keeping score of my quest for Green Day tixkets, KROCK:4, me:0.
I did get to talk to a DJ once and told him that only boys are winning the contest and that maybe he could balance it out a little by throwing me some tickets. "That's true," he mused. "We don't want to have a sausage fest." "Uh,... yeah!" -me.
So, lo and behold, on my fourth try to win the tickets, a girl did indeed win.
"Wow, finally a chick won!" -dj
"Uh, yeah." -the chick
"I was starting to worry. It was looking like a sausage fest. I was rooting for you." -dj
"Well, just doing my part to provide balance." -the chick
"Does that mean you are offering yourself to all the men at Irving Plaza?" -dj
"Um... no, sorry." -the chick
So, I did my part to reinforce gender differences today. But I still didn't win tickets. Damn...

1 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger KPd. said...

Make that, KROCK: 5, Me: 0.
Well, KROCK: 6 if you count Kevin also trying at the same time as me..... Damn...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home