Digging a Hole

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Day 5: This is Fookin' Hard!

So, I almost finished the hole today, but AT WHAT COST?!?!
Well, actually, the cost was fairly chill. Just a few blisters... a neato slice on my hand... and firmly encrusted dirt all over my arms. Cool!
In other news, I rigged up a radio outside (using some super sketchy extention cord connections...) and discovered THE BEST THING EVER!
RESURRECTION REQUEST LUNCH HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow! It's a full hour of 1994 programming action!
Fueled by Spacehog, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and old skool Pearl Jam (plus a healthy dose of STP), I chopped LOTS of worms in half. According to Jes, this makes twice as many worms! (I'm a little skeptical though...)
In other news, I saw that global warming movie. It was a little ridiculous, but the line: "Reports confirm that the president has negotiated the dropping of all Latin American debt in exchange for letting Americans cross the border into Mexico," was pretty amazing. The movie was a wacky lefty propaganda flick. Not bad. =)

So, as the hole is concluded... have I learned anything? Do I feel more secure about my future?
Well, no, but I do feel more secure about the future of the fish. =D And less secure about the future of the fucking HUGE ass pile of dirt I made next to the pirate ship in the backyard... That thing is...um... a problem. I don't think my dad has noticed yet...
Maybe I'll make moving the pile of dirt next week's project!
But I don't want to get ahead of myself... The hole isn't done yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home