Digging a Hole

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Day 1: The Hole Begins

Correct me if these stats are wrong but.....
20% of Wesleyan University graduates go on to further education...
20% go on to enter the workforce....
But what happens to the other 60%?!?!

This. Is their story...

So, this is the blog about me digging a big fucking hole in my backyard... which has EVERYTHING to do with my BA in government from Wes. No, really. Like, we dug a big hole in Iraq. And... um.... hopefully the Kerry campaign won't dig itself into a hole.... yeah... There are lots of digging a hole metaphors. =D
One can only hope that me digging a hole is not a metaphor for me living at home again with no career plans... That would make the hole digging process a lot less inspiring and a lot more depressing... So forget that metaphor. It sucks.
Why am I digging a hole, you ask? Well, we have this one teeny pond (like 3 feet wide kinda thing) with this big arse fish. This fish needs more space. Currently, it can only spin around at the botom of the pond while stray cats poke at it. Bad scene.
So I am digging a new pond. My dad is psyched cause he has wanted to dig a new pond for two years. I figured it could be a cool bonding thing and like, a spiritual digging thing...and other things... yeah...
My dad marked out the pond boundaries. Then he said encouraging things like this:
Mom: "Wow, Kerry's making a lot of process with that hole."
Dad: "Yeah, but she still has 500 pounnds of dirt to move. One shovel-full at a time."
He was helpful today though. He's way better at axing roots than me. (And using the ax is cool.)
So, I dug a lot of hole today. And I found a lot of worms. Stay tuned for pictures from Kevin's patented digital camera action! (And from when I figure out how to post them.)
At the close of Day 1, I have a nifty sunburn and wicked cool muddy shorts. Me:1, Hole: NOTHING!
Yeah WHAT hole.

3 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Kick that hole's arse. Some of us don't even have a hole to dig... But we do have satellite tv =)... and a helluva lot of stuff to unpack/organize...

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Ben said...

(In response to ertzeid): Or, you could say, you have "a 'whole' lot of stuff to unpack/organize". :)

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger KPd. said...

Werd Ben,
Puns rule.
Almost as much as Law and Order reruns!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home